The Beat

We are stalwart fans of the arts. We have international operatives with fingers to the pulse of the artistic community and making regular reports. Join us in our crusade of appreciation. We are the new-age gospel sharps for the church of imagination and you can join the evangelical revolution!

We are

Check yours is steady, and read on
on myspace

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Henley Management College

Henley Management College
by Rebecca Smith

Just a short note about our time at Henley Management College. I brought my digital camera, so I have some pics to post. YAY me!! OK so we had to leave work early to take the tube to the train, to the coach (or bus), to the college, where we were shown to our lovely single rooms in a hotel style dormitory. LOVELY!!! It was heaven, but we were living on borrowed time. We then had a short introduction to the college, and dinner. After dinner we had some business team building activities dealing with managing groups. We each had to work in a team to decide what the whole group was going to do in Henley-on-Thames that night, but we each had a role to play within the group, which we were not supposed to reveal to our group. We had a half an hour. My group was a bunch of strong personalities and half of us were leaders who generally trusted people to work together and do things right. The other half were control freaks. I had to bust out my acting skills to portray a laissez faire leader, because as we all know, my OCD precludes me from generally trusting other people.Anywho, somehow my team came up with the bright idea of a small pub crawl to be followed by skinny dipping or cow tipping. We had basically no information, but we had the energy and the spunk to cheer about it in front of a crowd. Our facilitator was an old guy named Peter who will later be teaching us about Managing Information. He loved us, and bought us all a pint. Every other group did not seem to work together very well. Blah blah blah, ie WE WERE THE BEST GROUP, WE'RE #1!!! The rest of the groups presented similar ideas. In the end we all just wound up wandering drunkenly around the small suburb of Henley-on-Thames. There are some pics to support this.

The next day we all had to continue to participate in team building activities and listen to lectures. Generally boring stuff. Then we went home and went out for my VERY Merry UN-Birthday (since I am going to be in Belgium on my actual Birthday), from which I sadly have no pics as the batteries in my digi cam went bust (it eats batteries like they grow on trees, ok non-sequiter....whatever). I on the other hand am thanking GOD there are no pictures, as this was a debaucherous evening involving quite a bit of imbibing on my part at a seedy local joint (ie tourist trap) called Long Island Iced Tea Shop. So moving on. Blahbiddyblah, look at the pretty (and pretty embarassing) pictures. I actually just realized I can't actually post pics on this website, so go to my website at www.anglefire.com/nj3/beki and then figure it out from there. Pretty self explanatory. Cheers!! Next stop Belgium!!! Happy Birthday to me...la di da!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home