The Beat

We are stalwart fans of the arts. We have international operatives with fingers to the pulse of the artistic community and making regular reports. Join us in our crusade of appreciation. We are the new-age gospel sharps for the church of imagination and you can join the evangelical revolution!

We are

Check yours is steady, and read on
on myspace

Saturday, September 06, 2003

First Weekend

First Weekend
by Rebecca Smith

OK, so craziness. I just finally got a "mobile" after much hassle and purchase and return cuz I found a better deal and blah di blah. Yet, I need to charge for about 8 hrs then register it and then I will have my number. So for now I will give you my address, which is:
Flat 7 Embassy Court
43/49 Wellington Road
London NW8 9SX
United Kingdom
Tel: 0207 449 9540 (but this is subject to change)

OK now onto more exciting things......NOT!! So we are living in a hotel in Bayswater for the time being, which is a really cool area right near Notting Hill and Portobello Road. Very young and hip and studenty. I started work on Thursday (yes, that would be two days after I arrived). So needless to say, at around 2 pm every day I was ready to keel over. My office seems really cool, its enormous!! My department has about 13 people in it, but we all sit at open desks on a floor with about 500 other people sitting at similar workstations. I do not have my own desk yet. I have not had to do any actual work yet, since they have been busy and unable to train me. My training starts on Monday. They have put me on the 10:30 am to 7:30 pm shift. That's right, shift. We cover the international stock exchanges and therefore need to be open for all of them even if its on a Bank Holiday. Meaning if I am one day put on the Chicago exchanges, I get the 2pm to 10:30 pm shift. Not at all looking forward to that. Oh what is it I do you ask....well, I think...and I say I think because I have absolutely no understanding of finance....I think since I am working for the Exchange Traded Derivatives Department, I monitor all the trades on all the exchanges of Futures and Options, and make sure they are all reconciled and cleared by EOD (that's end of day for those of you who aren't in the know). That's as best as you will get from me. OK so I am about to run out of time. So just drop me a line or something. Talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home