The Beat

We are stalwart fans of the arts. We have international operatives with fingers to the pulse of the artistic community and making regular reports. Join us in our crusade of appreciation. We are the new-age gospel sharps for the church of imagination and you can join the evangelical revolution!

We are

Check yours is steady, and read on
on myspace

Sunday, August 31, 2003

Countdown to Liftoff

Countdown to Liftoff
by Rebecca Smith

OK...so I have done nothing but pack, move furniture, and sneeze all week (allergies). And yet, my work is never done. I helped my brother move to college, despite him resenting every moment of it (sisters are an embarassment and a hindrance to any significant social mobility at college). I totally reorganized my closet, or excuse me...my bedroom, so it will accomodate human life forms as opposed to just dust and boxes and the overflow from TJ's closet. I helped my mom take up the old rugs and put down new ones.

And now, I have accomplished a miracle...I have made nearly my entire life fit into 2 bags....ok not really, just a portion of my wardrobe and some of my shoes and purses......What?!?!?!? I need it all, really!!! But I compromised and only packed a small portion, and will replenish by doing some shopping when I get there...tee hee. And, yes these 2 suitcases are probably WAY over the weight limit, but I am leaving the country for a year....so thhhbbbbbpppppp!!!

I bought a digital camera. I think I scared my mom, because I was trying to convince myself that it was a worthwhile purchase and in doing so needed to talk to myself.....therefore appearing slightly off balance. But I assure you, I am perfectly sane, I just needed a pep talk for such an extravagant purchase that did not have a major label like LV or Gucci attached to it. And even when I make those purchases, they are often faux, and therefore much more inexpensive than my electronical purchase of late.

So anywho, I still have to do some laundry and finish packing, so I must jet otherwise, I will not be on the jet when it departs. I will write next from London. Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home