The Beat

We are stalwart fans of the arts. We have international operatives with fingers to the pulse of the artistic community and making regular reports. Join us in our crusade of appreciation. We are the new-age gospel sharps for the church of imagination and you can join the evangelical revolution!

We are

Check yours is steady, and read on
on myspace

Tuesday, November 12, 2002

SAS Travelogue-Archbishop Desmond Tutu

SAS Travelogue-Archbishop Desmond Tutu
by Rebecca Smith

I can´t believe I forgot to tell you about this!!!! OK I guess, I can believe it, I must still have been high from skydiving or something. Anywho, in South Africa, we met the Archbishop Desmond Tutu. He was so cute. It was super cool. He gave a short speech, it was more like a sermon. He gave us the general love your fellow human being speech, "God only helps those who help themselves" you know the type. but he was so adorable and very animated. And he´s like a historical figure. It was soooooo cool. I got a picture of him, and was in a group shot with him, but since I was in it, I didn´t get a copy, I am in the process of trying to find someone with a copy. Anywho, I thought that was cool and you should all know about it. So I am in Brazil now, and I am congested. There is a parade outside right now for Black Awareness. Lots of music and dancing. I will leave you now, so I can go join the festivities. Write again at the end of the week. Love ya. miss ya. And for those of you at school, I want to come for a visit. I want to PARTY!!!!! Tell me when to come and who has a place for me to sleep and who has a party for me to attend. I get back on the 10th of December. See ya soon. Byeeeeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home